Creamy pear and mascarpone briocheBy Chatelaine
Warm pears cooked in a sweet brandy sauce top this decadent brioche, the perfect finale to a fall meal.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ripe Bosc pears , sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp calvados , or pear brandy
- 4 1-in. thick slices brioche bread , or challah, toasted
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts , or filberts
- MELT butter in a medium saucepan set over medium. Add pears and cook for 1 min. Stir in water, sugar and calvados. Cook until mixture turns syrupy, about 5 min.
- ARRANGE brioche on a platter. Stir mascarpone with orange zest. Spread about 1 tbsp of mascarpone on each slice of brioche, then top with warm pear mixture. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 48 g,
- 30 g,
- 5 g,
- 293 mg.
- Excellent source of