A rack of pork looks impressive but isn’t costly. We’ve dressed ours up for the holidays with a red wine spiked cranberry sauce.
Five-Spice Rack of Pork with Cranberry Sauce
This article has not been rated yet.
6 to 8 servings
* PLUS Cooking time: 7 minutes, Roasting Time: 45 minutes
- 2 kg 8-rib rack of pork
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp five-spice powder
- 3 shallots , finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 398-mL can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Place pork, fat-side up, on a large foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with oil, then rub in spice powder, making sure to coat ends. Roast, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of roast reads 155F (70C), 1 hour 45 min to 2 hours. Remove from oven and loosely cover with foil. Let rack of pork stand 10 min before slicing.
- While meat is cooking, prepare shallots and garlic. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Stir frequently until shallots soften, about 3 min. Pour in wine. Boil, uncovered, until liquid reduces slightly, about 2 min.
- Add cranberry sauce. Using a wooden spoon, gently mash to break up sauce. Reduce heat to low and stir until hot and evenly mixed, about 2 min. Slice pork into thick chops and place on plates. Spoon sauce overtop.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 25 g,
- 18 g,