Cheesy Creamed CornBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
There's nothing quite as satisfying than a plate of cheesy, buttery creamed corn. With the added bonus of garlic and shallots, this dish is sure to shine.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped chives , (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan set over medium. Add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 min.
- Add corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 min. Sprinkle flour and salt overtop. Stir until combined. Add cream. Cook, stirring often, until thickened, 4 to 5 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Transfer to a serving dish. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with chives.