Simply prepared scaloppine is seasoned with tart lemon, assertive capers and earthy rosemary.
Veal scaloppine with capers and lemon
This article has not been rated yet.
3 to 4 servings
- 500 g veal or pork scaloppini , about 8 thin slices
- generous pinch salt
- generous pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary , 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon , or lime
- 2 tsp capers , optional
- 2 to 4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan , optional
- Lightly sprinkle both sides of scaloppine with salt and cayenne. Crumble rosemary evenly over one side of each piece. Melt half the butter in a large wide frying pan set over medium-high heat. Immediately add half the veal, rosemary-side up. Cook until veal loses its pink colour, from 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and veal.
- Return all of veal to pan. Squeeze juice from half a lemon overtop. Add capers. Flip scaloppine and swish in lemon juice. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Cut remaining lemon into wedges for squeezing overtop. Great with crisp green beans and new potatoes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 25.2 g,
- 0.7 g,
- 4.9 g,
- 102 mg.