These hard-to-resist chewy fudge brownies have a crispy top and toasted pecans for plenty of texture sensation.
Ultimate fudge brownies
- 5 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries , optional
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch (3-L) baking dish or coat with cooking spray. Coarsely chop chocolate. Place in a large saucepan and add butter. Cook over medium-low heat, uncovered and stirring often, especially as mixture begins to melt, until chocolate is mostly melted, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Stir sugar into warm chocolate in saucepan. Then add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until blended. Stir in vanilla and salt. Stir in flour just until mixed. Fold in nuts and cranberries, if using. Spread batter in prepared dish. Bake in centre of 350F (180C) oven until top is light brown and crusty and a cake tester inserted in middle comes out almost clean, from 25 to 30 minutes. Brownies are very soft when removed from oven. Cool completely in pan on a rack before cutting. Brownies will keep well, covered, at room temperature, for 3 to 4 days or can be frozen.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2.4 g,
- 21.3 g,
- 15 g,
- 1.4 g,
- 60 mg.