Thanksgiving sandwich with cranberry chutney
The humble sandwich goes haute. Build a better sandwich with a few fresh ingredients and some creative upgrades.
- 400 g skinless, boneless turkey breast
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 celery stalks , trimmed and diced
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 8 slices multi-grain bread , toasted
- Cover turkey with water in a large pot set over medium-high. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, turning turkey halfway through, until firm and no pink remains, about 20 min.
- Combine frozen and dried cranberries with 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Continue boiling, stirring occasionally, until cranberries break down and mixture thickens, about 5 min.
- Stir celery with onion and mayo in a small bowl. Remove turkey from liquid and let cool slightly for 5 min. Slice turkey and apples thinly.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with mayo mixture. Layer with turkey and apple slices. Spread remaining bread slices with cranberry chutney and sandwich.
Chatelaine Quickies: Thanksgiving sandwich
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36 g,
- 59 g,
- 17 g,
- 9 g,
- 507 mg.