Wild salmon & spicy lime cakesBy Chatelaine
- 1 potato , peeled
- 213-g can salmon , drained
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Indian lime pickle
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- BOIL a small pot of water. Add potato and cook until tender, 10 min. Drain and mash well in a medium bowl.
- ADD salmon (including bones and skin) to potato and mash with a fork. Stir in eggs, onion and lime pickle. Season with fresh pepper. Form into 6 patties (mixture will be moist). Pour panko into a deep dish. Coat patties with panko.
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tbsp oil, then half of salmon cakes. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until golden, 2 to 3 min per side. Repeat with remaining oil and salmon cakes.
- STIR yogurt with cilantro in a small bowl. Serve with salmon cakes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 31 g,
- 19 g,
- 3 g,
- 677 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B12