Spanish egg-salad party sandwiches
Add hot smoked paprika and olives to a regular egg salad recipe and create Spanish egg-salad party sandwiches — they are sure to be a big hit.
- 5 hard-boiled eggs , peeled
- 1/2 tsp Spanish hot smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread , cut horizontally (ask the bakery to do this for you)
- 1 tbsp butter , at room temperature
- 25 small pimento-stuffed or manzanilla olives
- Grate eggs into a medium bowl. Stir in paprika, mayo and salt. Season with pepper.
- Cut crusts from bread, then, using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread. Spread each with a little butter on 1 side. Divide egg salad equally among bread slices, and smooth with a knife. Lay 4 or 5 olives at the short end of each sandwich, and roll into a short log. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, but best overnight, before slicing and serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 21 g,
- 13 g,
- 4 g,
- 703 mg.