Seared pork chops with creamy mushrooms
- 4 centre-loin pork chops , 1/2 inch thick, about 113 g each
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , sliced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 227-g pkg sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high. Sprinkle chops with salt and season with pepper. Add oil, then chops to pan. Cook until golden, about 4 min per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to pan. Cook until soft, about 3 min. Add juice and simmer until absorbed, 6 to 8 min. Add cream. Cook until thickened slightly, about 1 min. Stir in chives. Return chops and any juices to pan to heat through.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27 g,
- 9 g,
- 19 g,
- 1 g,
- 350 mg.
CREAMY SAUCE | EARTHY MALBEC
With super quality at a great price, this silky malbec delivers just the right amount of juicy cherry to complement the sweetness of the pork, while the hint of smoke elevates the rich sauce of Seared Pork Chops with Creamy Mushrooms.
Pascual Toso Estate Malbec, Argentina, $14.