Sausage and salsa pancake topper
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6 servings
- 1 Italian sausage , or small pepperoni
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 3 to 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno , banana or other hot pepper
- Chop sausage and place in a large frying pan set over medium heat. Cook until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. (If using pepperoni, finely chop and just heat through.)
- Pour off any fat that accumulates or if dry, add 1/2 tsp (2 mL) oil. Stir in onion and garlic. Cook 1 minute and remove pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, core and chop tomatoes. Seed and finely chop pepper. Stir into cooked sausage mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes. Great when served with cornmeal pancakes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1.7 g,
- 2.9 g,
- 1.2 g,
- 0.6 g,
- 29 mg.