Rhubarb jelliesBy Chatelaine
Delight your taste buds with spring’s first fruit. The sweet-tart kick extends way beyond pie!
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh rhubarb , about 170 g
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 85-mL pkg liquid pectin , preferably Certo
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar , garnish
- SPRAY a 8×4-in. loaf pan with oil.
- COMBINE rhubarb with water and lemon juice in a small non-stick heavy bottom pot and set over medium-high. Boil until rhubarb is very soft, 4 to 5 min. Transfer to a food processor. Puree, scraping down sides if needed, until smooth. Return to pot fitted with a candy thermometer. Stir in 1 cup sugar. Boil, without stirring, until temperature reaches 210F on thermometer, 2 to 3 min. Stir in liquid pectin. Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 more min.
- POUR hot mixture into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top. Let stand until pâte de fruit is cool and firm, about 1 hour.
- FLIP candy onto a cutting board and cut into diamond shapes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp sugar and toss until coated.
More ways to cook with rhubarb
[brightcove id=’3452245569001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 59 g,
- 1 g,
- 7 mg.