You can’t miss pleasing the family when it’s chicken for supper. Filled with vegetables, this recipe is easy and satisfying.
This article has not been rated yet.
- 500 g mushrooms , about 6 cups, thickly sliced
- 2 540-mL cans undrained Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry red wine , or 1 tsp red-wine vinegar
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts , or legs
- 1 to 2 green bell peppers
- Combine half the mushrooms, cans of tomatoes, including juice, and red wine in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Remove skin and any fat from chicken and discard. Submerge chicken, bone-side up, in sauce. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, seed and chop green peppers. Turn chicken and stir in remaining mushrooms and peppers. Continue simmering, uncovered. Stir occasionally until chicken is springy to the touch, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken and vegetables. If sauce is not as thick as you like, increase heat and boil, uncovered. Then, pour over chicken and vegetables. Serve over hot noodles, pasta or rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31.9 g,
- 24.9 g,
- 2.3 g,