- 1/2 cup white wine
- 14-g pkg dried porcini mushrooms , crumbled
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 227-g pkg sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Pour wine over dried mushrooms in a small bowl and let soak. Combine broth with 1 cup water in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium. Add onion and cremini mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are soft, 4 to 5 min. Add rice and stir until glossy, about 1 min. Stir in wine-soaked mushrooms and any wine until rice mixture has absorbed all of the liquid, 2 to 3 min. Add 1/2 cup of broth mixture. Stir often until rice has absorbed most of the liquid, 3 to 6 min. Continue adding broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, until absorbed. Keep heat between medium and medium-low so mixture is just simmering. Stir often until rice is tender to the bite. The entire stirring and cooking process will take about 28 to 30 min. Risotto should be slightly saucy but not soupy. Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 13 g,
- 49 g,
- 13 g,
- 3 g,
- 704 mg.