The secret’s out: Finely ground dried mushrooms add delicious intensity with almost no calories.
Porcini-crusted black cod with garlic spinach
- 30-g pkg dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 115-g skinless, boneless black cod fillets
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 8 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 454-g pkgs baby spinach , about 32 cups
- 1 tsp white truffle oil , optional
- Grind mushrooms to a powder in a blender. Season cod with 1/8 tsp salt and pepper. Coat completely with 2 tbsp ground porcini.
- Heat a very large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add 1 1/2 tsp of oil, then cod. Cook until bottoms are golden brown, 3 to 4 min. Flip and continue cooking until cod is cooked through, about 3 more min. Remove to a plate.
- Wipe pan clean and return to stovetop. Add 2 tsp oil, then half of garlic. Cook for 1 min. Add half of spinach. Cook, stirring frequently, until spinach wilts, 4 to 5 min. Remove to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining oil, garlic and spinach. Stir remaining salt into cooked spinach.
- Divide spinach between 4 plates. Top with black cod. Drizzle with truffle oil.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 12 g,
- 7 g,
- 6 g,
- 313 mg.