Thick and earthy portobello mushroom slices add a meaty, satisfying texture to pasta sauces.
Polenta in Portobello Sauce
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 kg tube cooked polenta
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 170-g pkg sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch dried sage
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 2 to 3 cups spicy tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place oven rack in top third of oven and preheat broiler. Slice 6 rounds, each about 1/2 in. (1 cm) thick, from tube of polenta. Wrap and refrigerate or freeze remainder for another use. Place rounds on a lightly oiled baking sheet and sprinkle with half the cheese. Broil until light golden, 7 to 8 min.
- Meanwhile, if mushroom slices are thick, slice in half lengthwise. Slice all mushrooms into bite-size pieces. Heat butter with oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sprinkle with seasonings. Stir often until tender, 3 to 5 min. Pour 2 cups (500 mL) pasta sauce into pan. Add more if you want it saucier. Stir often until hot. Stir in parsley. Overlap 2 polenta rounds on each plate. Top with sauce, then remaining cheese.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 9 g,
- 40 g,
- 23 g,
- 3 g,