This pasta dish is a delectable way to use turkey or chicken leftovers.
- 1/2 450-g pkg linguine pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , or 3 coarsely chopped large tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked leftover turkey , or chicken strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 284-mL can undiluted chicken broth , preferably sodium-reduce
- 1/2 cup pesto , preferably homemade
- 140-g log creamy goat cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, from 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut cherry tomatoes in half. Slice turkey into bite-size strips. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wide frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add cherry tomatoes. Stir-fry until skins start to shrivel and some juices begin to be released, about 3 minutes. Add broth and boil, uncovered, until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in pesto and turkey. Simmer, uncovered and stirring often, until heated through, from 1 to 2 minutes. Drain pasta and add to turkey mixture in pan. Stir gently to mix. Crumble goat cheese overtop or, if serving individual portions, crumble cheese over each serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 40.5 g,
- 48.6 g,
- 30.2 g,
- 4.3 g,