Pan-fried steak with fresh tomatoes
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 strip-loin steak , at least 1-in thick
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 pinch of dried sage and dried thyme
- Lightly coat a large frying pan with oil and set over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook until browned, 1 to 2 min per side. (If using burgers, they will need about 2 min per side.) Reduce heat to medium and cook until steak is done as you like, about 4 more min per side for medium-rare. (Burgers will need from 4 to 8 more min per side.)
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini lengthwise into quarters. Cut into pieces 2 in. (5 cm) long. Remove cooked steak to a plate. Add tomatoes and zucchini to the same pan you used for steak. Sprinkle with pinches of sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir often and cook until tomatoes begin to pop, from 4 to 5 min.
- Slice steak into 2 pieces and serve with tomatoes and zucchini on top. Great with boiled small potatoes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 6 g,
- 10 g,
- 2 g,
- 72 mg.