One-pan lamb chops and minted carrotsBy Chatelaine
All you need is a few simple ingredients: Lamb, young carrots, mint, ginger and garam masala. Serve with a smoky red wine.
- 700 g thin carrots , with stems
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 rack of lamb , about 8 ribs
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 450f. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Trim stems 1 in. from carrots. Peel and cut bigger carrots lengthwise in half. Toss carrots with 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt on prepared sheet, then arrange in 1 layer across three-quarters of sheet.
- Rinse lamb and pat dry with paper towels. sprinkle with remaining salt. Stir remaining oil with ginger, garlic, honey, garam masala and pepper in a small bowl. Lay lamb on paper towel, fat side up. Spread fat side with ginger mixture and gently press in. Set aside.
- Roast carrots in centre of oven for 10 min. Remove sheet from oven, and set lamb, fat side up, on other quarter of the sheet. Return to oven and roast until carrots are fork-tender, about 15 min. Transfer sheet to rack and let stand, 5 min.
- Slice lamb into chops. sprinkle mint on carrots and serve with lamb.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 13 g,
- 12 g,
- 12 g,
- 4 g,
- 538 mg.
Roasted Lamb & Veggies, Pair it with: A smoky red.
This Argentinian malbec is a standout winner among the crowd of similar wines. The nose is redolent of cooked berries, spices and smoky chocolate, while the bold tannins are the perfect foil for this lamb dish. Our pick: Trapiche Broquel Malbec, Argentina, $15.