Niçoise muffuletta sandwichBy Chatelaine
Layer Mediterranean ingredients into a hollowed-out artisanal loaf to make this oversized sandwich. Pack it whole and bring a serrated knife to cut it up at the beach.
- 4 eggs
- 100 g green beans , trimmed, about 1 cup
- 3 80-g cans oil-packed tuna , drained
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives , pitted
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf round Italian bread , about 370 g
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 tomato , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- BOIL eggs in a large pot of water over medium-high for 8 min. Add green beans to eggs and cook until beans are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 more min. Drain beans and eggs, and rinse with cold water. Peel eggs and thinly slice crosswise. Chop green beans into 1/4-in. pieces. Stir beans with tuna, Dijon and mayo in a medium bowl.
- WHIRL olives with garlic, anchovies and oil in a food processor until smooth, about 2 min.
- SLICE off top third of loaf using a serrated knife. Using your fingers, hollow out the bread from the top and bottom pieces, leaving a 1-in.-thick shell of bread. Save excess bread for another use.
- SPREAD tuna mixture over the bottom bread shell. Top with 1 cup of arugula, then tomato slices, onion and egg slices. Scatter remaining 1/2 cup arugula overtop. Spread the inside of loaf top with olive paste. Sandwich muffuletta and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. To serve, slice into 6 wedges.
How to make our Nicoise muffuletta sandwich
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19 g,
- 26 g,
- 25 g,
- 3 g,
- 968 mg.