Need an easy but gourmet-style healthy dinner? This is the one for you. A splash of Marsala (inexpensive fortified Italian wine) makes sauteed chicken luxurious. Olives and fresh tomatoes give it great looks.
- olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 8 large garlic cloves
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Marsala , or dry sherry
- 1/3 cup black or green olives , pitted
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Lightly coat a large, wide frying pan with oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook until golden-tinged, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Meanwhile, mince garlic and coarsely chop tomatoes.
- When chicken is golden-tinged, remove to a large plate, then add garlic to pan. Stir constantly 1 minute. Pour in Marsala. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up and stir in brown bits from pan bottom. Stir in tomatoes, olives, sugar, thyme and salt.
- Return chicken to pan along with any accumulated juices on plate. Spoon some of tomato mixture over chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally and turning chicken halfway through, until chicken is springy when pressed, 7 to 8 minutes. Serve on a bed of rice or couscous with sauce spooned overtop.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31.7 g,
- 7.9 g,
- 3.6 g,
- 1.7 g,
- 469 mg.