Kid-pleasing spaghetti soup
This article has not been rated yet.
- 540-mL can tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken bouillon
- 2/3 cup uncooked spaghetti pasta , broken into 1-in. pieces
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tsp dry Italian seasoning , or 1 tsp each of basil and oregano
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar , or honey
- sprinkling of fresh grated parmesan
- In a large saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring tomatoes and bouillon to a boil, mashing tomatoes against side of pan with a wooden spoon. Then add spaghetti and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and seasoning. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until spaghetti is soft, from 8 to 10 minutes. Stir sugar into soup, then ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle lightly with Parmesan, if using.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7.9 g,
- 37 g,
- 1.2 g,
- 5 g,
- 635 mg.