Jalapeño green pepper jelly
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 5 minutes
1 to 2 drops
- Cut peppers into quarters. Line a strainer with a double layer of cheesecloth or a tea towel and place over a large bowl.
- In a food processor, puree peppers and undrained chilies. Turn into strainer. Gather edges of cheesecloth and tightly twist closed. Squeeze juice into measuring cup. Discard pulp.
- Measure 1 cup (250 mL) of juice into a large saucepan. Add sugar, vinegar, butter and a few drops of food coloring. Bring to a full rolling boil, uncovered, over high heat. Immediately stir in liquid pectin.
- Return to a full rolling boil and keep boiling, uncovered, stirring for 1 minute. Skim off any foam that forms. Pour quickly into warm sterilized jars, filling up to 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) from rim. Seal while hot with sterilized 2-piece lids. Jelly sets as it cools. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 12.9 g,