Updated Nov 24, 2014Chatelaine
- Combine mozzarella and blue cheese in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add dates and shallot. Season with pepper. Cook until shallot is soft, about 2 min. Add 1/3 cup water and vinegar. Continue cooking until liquids are absorbed and dates are soft, 1 to 2 more min. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels, then set over medium. Cook bacon until crispy, about 5 min. Discard fat and wipe pan clean.
- Spread date mixture over all 4 slices of bread. Layer bacon, cheese and radicchio on 2 slices and sandwich with remaining bread. Spread remaining butter on the outside of each sandwich.
- Cook sandwiches in frying pan over medium-low, until bread is golden, about 4 min per side. Cut each sandwich in half.