Frozen dessert crepesBy Chatelaine
Lemon crepes filled with ice cream are simple, stunning and oh so yummy!
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp butter , melted
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ice cream
- HEAT an 8-in. non-stick frying pan over medium-high.
- WHISK eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, flour, butter, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla until no lumps remain.
- POUR 1/2 cup batter into the centre of the hot pan. Lift pan from burner. Quickly tilt to very thinly cover bottom. Return pan to burner and cook until top is set and edges begin to turn golden, about 30 sec. Loosen with a spatula and flip. Continue cooking 30 sec more. Transfer crepe to a plate. Cover with kitchen towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- SPOON 1/2 cup ice cream on lower right quarter of a lemon crepe. Fold left edge over ice cream, then fold into a triangle.
- FREEZE until firm, 1 to 2 hours. Slice in half and serve with chocolate sauce or raspberry coulis. (Tip: Crepes keep well in a warm (low-temp) oven, covered until ready to serve. Or cool and layer with wax paper and refrigerate up to 2 days.)