Fried cheese popsBy Chatelaine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 12 Babybel cheese rounds
- 1 cup oil , for frying
- honey mustard , for serving
- Scoop 1/4 cup all-purpose flour onto a plate. Beat 2 eggs in a shallow bowl. Pour 1/2 cup Italian-flavoured bread crumbs onto a second plate. Coat 12 Babybel cheeses in flour, then dip in egg. Roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat a large pot over medium. Add enough vegetable oil to reach 1/2 inch up sides of pot, about 1 cup. Add 6 Babybels to hot oil. Cook, turning often, until Babybels turn golden brown, 30 sec to 1 min. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat. Serve with warmed honey mustard.