Fish stew with pesto
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 17 minutes
A few swirls of pesto add a whole new flavour dimension to this classic fish-and-mussel stew.
2 340-mL cans
- Pour juice and broth into a large wide saucepan. Add onion. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Then stir in potatoes and tomatoes. Reduce heat so mixture simmers, and stir often, until potatoes are partially cooked, about 12 min.
- Meanwhile, scrub mussels and remove beards. Discard any that are open. Cut fish into chunky pieces. Prepare celery.
- When potatoes are tender, stir in mussels, fish, celery and peas. Increase heat to medium-high. Cover and gently boil, stirring occasionally, until mussels open, 5 to 8 min. Remove from heat.
- Discard any mussels that haven’t opened. Stir in pesto and orange peel. Ladle into bowls and dollop or swirl with more pesto, if you wish. Great with chunks of sourdough bread for dunking.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 30 g,
- 11 g,
- 5 g,