Pamper your mom this year by making her a decadent, fresh spring pasta.
Fettuccine with lemon-pesto shrimp & asparagus
This article has not been rated yet.
- 500-g pkg fettuccine or spaghetti pasta
- 340-g pkg frozen uncooked shrimp , peeled
- 1 large bunch asparagus
- 1 to 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup pesto , or 170-g pkg pesto
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, defrost shrimp following directions on package. Once defrosted, pat dry with paper towels. Snap and discard tough ends from asparagus, then slice asparagus in half diagonally. Add to boiling pasta water for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and asparagus, then place in a very large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, finely grate 1 tbsp (15 mL) peel from lemons and squeeze out about 1/2 cup (125 mL) juice. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shrimp. Stir often until shrimp turn bright pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in pesto, lemon peel and juice, then turn over pasta. Stir until evenly mixed.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 39.7 g,
- 102.1 g,
- 20.7 g,
- 8.1 g,
- 946 mg.