There is a reason escargot is still a superstar appetizer: it’s all about the butter-garlic sauce. So here it is, making a modern comeback with satiny pasta and plump shrimp. Yum!
Fast shrimp & escargot butter linguine
2 to 4 servings
- 1/2 500 g pkg linguine or spaghetti pasta
- 340 g bag frozen uncooked peeled shrimp
- 1 pint small cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 200-g can escargot , drained
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, rinse frozen shrimp under cold running water until ice crystals melt. Pat dry with paper towels. Place tomatoes, butter, garlic, Dijon, wine and salt in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir often, occasionally pushing tomatoes against side of pan to soften, until almost all liquid is evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add shrimp. Stir often, 2 minutes. Add escargot and continue stirring until shrimp are bright pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in drained cooked pasta and parsley. Good with a spinach salad.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26.5 g,
- 52.9 g,
- 11.7 g,
- 3.7 g,
- 1014 mg.