Easy beef enchiladas
Enchiladas are an easily customizable Mexican favourite. These no-fuss Mexican enchiladas have only seven ingredients and can easily be made vegetarian with hearty veggie-ground.
- 1 kg ground beef , or 3 340-g pkg veggie ground round
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups thick spicy salsa
- 400-g bag shredded cheese , such as cheddar-and-mozzarella mix, about 4 cups
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 8 7-in. round flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 500F (260C). Oil a 9×13-in. (3-L) baking dish. Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Crumble in meat. Sprinkle with cumin and ½ tsp (2 mL) salt. (If using veggie ground round, omit salt.) Stir often with a fork to keep meat crumbly. Cook until no pink remains, about 5 min, or until veggie ground is hot. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) salsa. When hot, stir in half the cheese and half the cilantro.
- Place one tortilla on a cutting board. Spoon ¾ cup (175 mL) meat mixture down the centre. Dot with 1 tbsp (15 mL) sour cream. Roll tightly and place in dish, seam-side down with an open end touching the narrow side of dish. Place 3 rolls beside it. Fill the other half of dish with remaining rolls. Spread remaining ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream over tortillas. Top with remaining salsa and sprinkle with cheese. Bake enchiladas until cheese is golden, about 15 min. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Good with sliced avocados and sour cream.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 41 g,
- 33 g,
- 35 g,
- 3 g,