Curried chicken saladBy Chatelaine
Take dinner outside with this simple and fresh picnic supper. Pair with a light chardonnay to complement the curry and mango.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ripe mangoes , diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk , finely chopped
- 6 leaves Boston lettuce
- 6 English muffins , toasted
- ARRANGE chicken in a single layer in a large pot. Add water to just cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high. Flip chicken, reduce heat to medium and simmer until cooked, about 6 more min. Cool.
- STIR mayo with lemon zest, juice, curry and salt in large bowl. Using 2 forks, shred chicken, then stir into mayo mixture with mango, cranberries, green onions and celery. Divide among muffins with lettuce leaves. Sandwich with tops.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 45 g,
- 18 g,
- 4 g,
- 514 mg.
Curried chicken sandwich. Pair it with: A crowd-pleasing chardonnay.
Exploding with ripe peaches and seductive vanilla spice, this chardonnay complements the curry and mango in the salad. It’s not as heavy as a typical chardonnay, but the flavour is still full and rich.
Our pick: Ghost Pines Winemaker’s Blend Chardonnay, California, $20.