Cottage cheese pancakes with crème fraîche and jam
From a small American cheese maker comes the heavenly new book Cowgirl Creamery Cooks. It takes everyday recipes, like chicken fingers and pancakes, and elevates them to yummy new heights
, halved, about 300 g
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups
, or ricotta
, for pan
, any flavour
- In a medium pan, toss the berries and sugar over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick. Add the milk and beat for another 30 seconds. Gently fold in the cheese.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, and sugar together and pour into the cheese mixture, stirring lightly.
- With an electric mixer or whisk, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until they are stiff, but not dry. Gently fold the whites into the batter, just until combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Ladle 1/4 cup/ 60 ml of the batter onto a hot griddle for each pancake, leaving a bit of space between pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, then flip.
- When done, spoon on berries and crème fraîche and jam.
How to make perfect pancakes