Updated Feb 4, 2016Chatelaine
- In a medium pan, toss the berries and sugar over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick. Add the milk and beat for another 30 seconds. Gently fold in the cheese.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, and sugar together and pour into the cheese mixture, stirring lightly.
- With an electric mixer or whisk, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until they are stiff, but not dry. Gently fold the whites into the batter, just until combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Ladle 1/4 cup/ 60 ml of the batter onto a hot griddle for each pancake, leaving a bit of space between pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, then flip.
- When done, spoon on berries and crème fraîche and jam.
How to make perfect pancakes