Add a side of Mediterranean zucchini to round out the meal.
Better 'fried' fishBy Chatelaine
Ready in 15 minutes. Serve with Mediterranean zucchini and a fruity white wine.
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 skin-on perch fillets , pin bones removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced diagonally
- Stir panko with chili flakes and salt on a large plate. Make 3 deep cuts on skin of fillets. Rinse fish, pat dry, and coat on both sides with panko mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. add oil and swirl to coat. add fish, skin-side up, and cook until golden, about 5 min. Flip and cook for another 3 min. Add onions during the last min of cooking and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 5 g,
- 5 g,
- 191 mg.
Fish & dilled zucchini, Pair it with: A fruity white.
The St. Urban Vineyard has been integral to the establishment of riesling in Canada. This off-dry example hints at lime and orchard fruits on the nose, while the palate boasts zesty acidity, a natural with fish. Our pick: Vineland 2011 Elevation St. Urban Riesling, Ontario, $20.