Updated Nov 24, 2014Chatelaine
- COMBINE blueberries with sugar, lemon zest and juice in a medium saucepan and set over medium-high. Bring to a boil. Cook until berries begin to let off their juices but still retain their shape, about 3 min. Drain and reserve juice.
- LINE a 3-cup-capacity bowl with plastic wrap hanging over the sides. Roll bread slices flat with a rolling pin. Dip each slice into reserved juice. Line bowl with 5 pieces of bread overlapping slightly. Press edges of slices together so that there are no gaps. Pour in stewed fruit. Cover the top with remaining piece of bread. Press down firmly. Wrap the top with overhanging plastic wrap, then press down. Place a small plate on the top and weigh it down with a large can of beans or tomatoes. Refrigerate until pudding is firm, at least 40 min.
- REMOVE can and plate from refrigerator. Turn pudding upside down onto a serving dish, garnish with blackberries and blueberries. Slice and serve with yogurt.
1. Make the pudding 1 day ahead and refrigerate overnight until ready to serve.
2. Frozen blueberries will need about 2 more min of simmering.