Artichoke vichyssoiseBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
3 hrs 45 min
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 leek , chopped, about 2 cups
- 398-mL can artichoke hearts , drained and chopped
- 1 small white potato , peeled and sliced, about 1 1/4 cups
- 2 1/3 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 small onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp olive tapenade
- 1 plum tomato , diced
- MELT butter in a large saucepan over medium-high. Add leek and artichokes. Cook until leek is soft, 3 to 4 min. Add potato, broth and wine. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in tarragon. Simmer, covered, for 30 min. Stir in salt. Season with fresh pepper. Purée in a blender until smooth. Cool, then refrigerate until cold, 2 to 3 hours. Stir in cream just before serving.
- HEAT a frying pan over medium-high. Toss onion with oil, then arrange in 1 layer in very hot pan. Cook until onion is charred, 2 to 3 min per side. Garnish soup with onion, tapenade and tomato.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 20 g,
- 30 g,
- 792 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A