Sweet and spicy beef stir-fryBy Chatelaine
Beef, veggies and cashews served with rice and a berry delicious red wine = dinner tonight!
- 454 g boneless top sirloin steak , sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups fresh mixed vegetables , such as broccoli florets, snow peas and sliced carrots
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup whole roasted cashews
- COMBINE meat with hoisin, sesame oil and chili flakes in a medium bowl.
- HEAT an extra-large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add meat mixture. Cook, stirring often, until just a bit of pink remains, 3 to 4 min. Transfer to a bowl and reserve. Add oil to pan, then vegetables. Cook until tender-crisp, about 5 min. Stir cornstarch with beef broth in a small bowl until dissolved. Add broth mixture and meat to pan. Cook until sauce thickens and beef is cooked to desired doneness, about 2 more min. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 22 g,
- 23 g,
- 3 g,
- 823 mg.
A berry delicious red.
In this clever blend with syrah and bonarda, Argentina’s signature grape, malbec, proves that it plays well with other grapes, as well as with this beef and veg dish. The taste is all strawberries and dried cherries, with nuances of anise and spice.
Our Pick: La Posta Cocina Tinto, Argentina, $13.