Chicken, nectarine and plum stir-fry
Get summer fruit out of the bowl and into the pan in this speedy, satisfying toss. If you just bought a basket of nectarines, this is a great way to use them up.
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce , can substitute for teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 ripe, firm nectarines , or peaches
- 2 ripe, firm plums
- 2 cups snow peas , or snap peas
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint , or basil or parsley
- WHISK plum sauce with soy, cornstarch, sesame oil, chili flakes and garlic in a small bowl, until cornstarch is dissolved. Slice chicken into thin, bite-size strips. Remove and discard pits from nectarines and plums, then cut into thin wedges. Trim snow peas and pull off any tough strings. Thickly slice onions diagonally.
- COAT a large frying pan or wok with oil, then set over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Stir-fry until golden-tinged, 4 to 6 min. Add plums and nectarines. Stir constantly until fruit begins to soften, about 2 min. Stir sauce and pour overtop. Add snow peas and green onions. Continue stirring until chicken is cooked and snow peas are tender-crisp, about 2 more min. Sprinkle with mint. Delicious over rice and best eaten the day it’s made.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 27 g,
- 5 g,
- 3 g,