Velvety mushroom soupBy Chatelaine
A smooth and savoury fall mushroom soup recipe you can dish up over lunch, or serve in as part of an elegant entertaining menu.
- 14-g pkg dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 340-g pkg mixed fresh mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 900-mL container low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup 18% cream
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- PLACE dried mushrooms in a small microwave-safe bowl. Drizzle with sherry and microwave on medium for 1 min.
- MELT butter in a large pot over medium. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion starts to soften, 3 min. Add fresh mushrooms and paprika. Sauté until mushrooms are almost soft, 3 min. Stir in flour, then sherry-soaked mushrooms. Cook for 1 min. Add broth. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 10 min. Purée in batches in a blender, then return to pot over medium. Stir in cream and cook until heated through, 2 min. Ladle mushroom soup into bowls and sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 10 g,
- 10 g,
- 2 g,
- 330 mg.