Kitchen Tip: Keep temperature of oil constant so less oil is absorbed.
Zucchini parmesan crispsBy Chatelaine
- 3/4 cup panko
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese , plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 large zucchini , cut into 1/4-in. thick rounds
- vegetable oil
- flaked sea salt , (optional)
- COMBINE panko and cheese in a shallow bowl. Stir flour, salt and pepper in another shallow bowl, and beat eggs in another medium bowl.
- DIP zucchini in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg, then into cheese mixture, patting to coat, then set on a plate. Place a rack over a baking sheet and set aside.
- POUR enough oil into a large cast iron pan or deep, heavy frying pan to reach 1/2 in. up the sides, and heat over medium. Fry zucchini in batches, turning over once, until browned and crispy, about 2 min. Place on rack to drain, and immediately finish with sea salt.
- TRANSFER to serving platter and finely grate more cheese over crisps.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make zucchini-feta cakes
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 6 g,
- 18 g,
- 1 g,
- 169 mg.