Kitchen tip: We used Gaylea Real Coconut Whipped Cream, but other versions are available at some grocery stores in the frozen section.
Turmeric tea latteBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Top this tasty treat — sometimes called golden milk — with lush coconut whipped topping.
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy beverage, such as almond, cashew, soy or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric , or 1 tbsp packed finely grated turmeric
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp honey , or agave syrup
- pinch cinnamon , (optional)
- coconut whipped topping , (optional)
- WHISK beverage, turmeric, ginger and honey in a small pot over medium. Cook until steam begins to rise from the milk and bubbles form around the edges, about 2 min. Remove from heat.
- POUR into a mug, then sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with whipped topping.
Chatelaine Quickies: Hot buttered chai latte
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 15 g,
- 3 g,
- 1 g,
- 107 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12