Updated Mar 10, 2017Chatelaine
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- COMBINE ricotta with parmesan and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Divide mixture in half between 2 bowls. Stir sage into 1 portion and lemon zest into the other portion.
- UNROLL puff pastry sheets. Use a 3-in. round cookie cutter to cut out 18 circles. Place 1 in. apart on prepared parchment-lined baking sheets.
- FOR half the rounds, scoop 1 tbsp of sage-ricotta mixture onto each. Scoop 1 tbsp of lemon-ricotta mixture onto each remaining round. With the back of a spoon, flatten mixture, leaving a 1/4-in. border around the edges.
- TOP each sage-ricotta round with 1 or 2 tomato slices. Top each lemon-ricotta round with 3 overlapping zucchini slices. Brush oil lightly over tomatoes and zucchini.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching halfway through, until vegetables are soft and pastry is golden, 25 to 30 min. Sprinkle with sea salt before serving. Tip: When choosing a tomato, pick one with a diameter of about 3 inches so that the slices nicely cover the pastry circles.
NutritionCalories 125, Protein 5 g, Carbohydrates 8 g, Fat 8 g, Fibre 1 g, Sodium 145 mg.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make zucchini-feta cakes