Strawberry-rhubarb sangria jelliesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
6 hrs 15 min
6 to 8
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup coarsely chopped strawberry
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 7-g pkgs powdered gelatin
- 1 750-mL bottle chilled rose wine
- 1 cup club soda
- sliced strawberries
- SYRUP: Combine sugar, water, rhubarb and strawberries in a medium saucepan. Boil over medium-high until the fruits turn mushy when pressed, 8 to 9 min. Strain, using the back of a spoon to press liquid out of fruit. Cool completely. Will keep, refrigerated, up to 1 week.
- ONCE syrup is strained, add lemon juice and stir in gelatin until dissolved. (It will foam.) Stir in wine and club soda. Add a few sliced strawberries to glasses or ramekins, then top with sangria jelly mixture. Refrigerate until softly set, about 6 hr (preferably overnight).
Chatelaine Quenchers: How to make lemonade slushies
[bc_video video_id=”5036027472001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]