When kids come to visit, welcome them with a plate of these big chewy cookies.
18 large cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 360 g Smarties , or other coated chocolate candies, about 1 1/2 cups
- Arrange oven racks in centre of oven and preheat to 375 F (190 C). Grease 2 cookie sheets or coat with cooking spray. Measure flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir with a fork until well blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually stir in sugars until well mixed. Then, add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture until combined. Do not use an electric mixer and don’t over-mix. Stir in Smarties.
- Measure 1/4 cup (50 mL) batter onto a greased cookie sheet. Repeat, leaving about 4 inches (10 cm) between each cookie. Do not pat cookies down. Bake in centre of preheated oven until edges are light golden but centre is still soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove sheet from oven but leave cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then, using a wide spatula, carefully slide cookies onto a rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag in a cool place for up to 1 week. We do not recommend freezing.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3.4 g,
- 48.8 g,
- 14.7 g,