Updated Nov 26, 2015Chatelaine
large pitas, separated into 2 rounds each (you will have 6 rounds)
Smoky tomato dip
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 400F.
- BRUSH pita sides with olive oil. Cut each round into 6 wedges and arrange on 2 baking sheets. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and smoked paprika.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching halfway through, until crisp, 5 to 6 min.
- HEAT a medium frying pan over medium. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, then onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 6 to 7 min. Stir in garlic, hot-red-chili flakes, salt, coriander and cumin. Cook 1 min. Stir in tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes thicken, 4 to 5 min.
- SCRAPE into a food processor with remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice and smoked paprika. Whirl until smooth. Serve with pita chips.
NutritionCalories 377, Protein 6 g, Carbohydrates 32 g, Fat 26 g, Fibre 3 g, Sodium 535 mg. Good source of Folate
How to deseed a tomato