Coconut is the secret behind the chicken’s straw-like coating.
Scarecrow Chicken Sticks
This article has not been rated yet.
- 10 wooden skewer
- 1 pouch Shake 'n Bake Original mix
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup creamy ranch dressing or mayonnaise
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Soak skewers in water. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on top. Spray with oil. In a bowl, stir coating mix with coconut. Pour dressing into another bowl. Cut chicken strips lengthwise into 1/2-in.- (1-cm-) thick strips. Add to dressing and stir to coat. Then add to coconut mixture and stir. Press coating onto bare spots. Thread skewers through meat. Place on rack. Bake in centre of oven, without turning, until chicken is cooked through, 20 to 30 min. Serve with creamy ranch or Caesar dressing for dipping.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8.8 g,
- 8.1 g,