Puff pastry cheese straws
Photo, Erik Putz.
For crisp, savoury snacks, use all-butter puff pastry, thawed overnight in the fridge.
puff pastry sheets
1 1/2 cups
- PREHEAT oven to 425F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- UNROLL pastry sheets on a cutting board. Whisk egg with water and cayenne in a small bowl. Season with fresh pepper.
- BRUSH pastry sheets with egg wash. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan. Press cheese into dough with a rolling pin. Cut pastry into 1/2-in. strips. Twist the 2 ends of each strip in opposite directions, then lay strips on prepared sheets.
- BAKE in centre of oven until golden, 8 to 10 min.
- Kitchen Tip: Thaw pastry overnight in the refrigerator.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 5 g,
- 5 g,
- 118 mg.