Updated Mar 10, 2017Chatelaine
- PREHEAT oven to 425F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- UNROLL pastry sheets on a cutting board. Whisk egg with water and cayenne in a small bowl. Season with fresh pepper.
- BRUSH pastry sheets with egg wash. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan. Press cheese into dough with a rolling pin. Cut pastry into 1/2-in. strips. Twist the 2 ends of each strip in opposite directions, then lay strips on prepared sheets.
- BAKE in centre of oven until golden, 8 to 10 min.
- Kitchen Tip: Thaw pastry overnight in the refrigerator.
NutritionCalories 82, Protein 3 g, Carbohydrates 5 g, Fat 5 g, Sodium 118 mg.
On grating cheese: