* PLUS Baking Time: 40 minutes
1 1/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Coat an 8-inch (2-L) square cake pan with cooking spray or lightly grease.
- Using a fork, whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir in sugar. Add oil in a steady stream, whisking until mixture is thick and smooth. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Add all the flour, but do not stir. Sprinkle with baking powder, soda and cinnamon. Stir just until blended and dry ingredients are evenly mixed. Measure out 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, then chop. Stir into batter with carrot.
- Pour into pan and bake in centre of preheated oven until a cake tester inserted into centre comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Place pan on a rack to cool. Covered and refrigerated, cake will keep well for at least 2 days and can be frozen.