This is an easy bread machine recipe.
Italian panettone bread
This article has not been rated yet.
Panettone is an Italian sweet bread traditionally enjoyed on holidays. This easy recipe works well in a bread machine.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter , or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp rum , or vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp anise seeds
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp finely diced candied orange
- 2 tbsp citron peel
- 1/4 cup sultana raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 1/4 tsp bread-machine or instant yeast
- Add all ingredients with exception of peel, raisins and nuts to bread machine according to manufacturer’s directions. Select sweet or basic white cycle. Add peel, raisins and nuts at ingredient signal (or about 20 to 30 minutes into cycle). For a soft crust, brush finished loaf with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. To frost, stir 1/2 cup (125 mL) sifted icing sugar with 2 tsp (10 mL) each of room-temperature butter and orange juice and 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange peel. Spread on cooled loaf.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4.8 g,
- 31 g,
- 4.4 g,
- 1.4 g,