This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 L 0.0325 milk , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp 0.35 cream
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
FOR HONEY-BERRY TARTLETS:
- tart shells
- fresh mixed berries
- To make Lemon Ricotta:
Line a large fine-mesh metal strainer with a triple layer of cheesecloth large enough to hang over the edges. Set over an 8-cup measuring cup.
- Pour milk into a large, very wide saucepan and heat over high. Stir often until milk becomes steamy and frothy around the edges or reads 185F on a thermometer, about 8 min. Turn off heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and salt. Let stand until the liquid turns a yellowish colour and milky-white curds float to the surface, about 2 min. Gradually pour mixture into the prepared strainer. Let sit, stirring curds very gently once or twice, until about 7 cups of liquid has drained off, about 5 min. Discard liquid.
- Transfer cheese into a bowl. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before using, stir in cream. Stir in 1 tbsp lemon zest along with cream. Ricotta will keep well, refrigerated, up to 1 week.
- To make Honey-berry tartlets:
Sweeten Lemon Ricotta with a little honey, then spoon into baked tart shells. Top with fresh berries and drizzle with more honey.