Watch below for instructions on how to make grilled lamb pops.
Grilled lamb pops
This article has not been rated yet.
- 300-mL jar whole roasted red peppers , drained, preferably President's Choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Harissa Spice Blend , preferably President's Choice, divided
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 600-g pkgs frenched rack of lamb
- PAT peppers dry with paper towel. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- HEAT a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is lightly browned, about 3 min. Stir in peppers, tomato paste, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp spice blend. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 min. Scrape into a food processor or blender. Purée until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in parsley and lemon zest. Set aside.
- TRIM lamb and cut into chops. Sprinkle both sides of chops with remaining 1/2 tsp spice blend. Season with fresh pepper.
- HEAT a grill pan over medium-high. Oil pan. Grill chops, 4 to 6 min per side for medium-rare. Brush with red pepper mixture. Serve warm.
Baguette, cut into cubes; apples, sliced into wedges; cooked baby potatoes, halved; cooked or cured sausages, sliced.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 3 g,
- 11 g,
- 149 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C