Double chocolate chunk cookies
This fudgy cookie is irresistible – especially warm right out of the oven.
- 3/4 cup butter , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks , about 250 g
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- PREHEAT oven to 350F (180C). In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter with granulated and brown sugar for 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- IN a small bowl, using a fork, stir flour with cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat into butter mixture just until combined. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Drop tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of dough about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake in centre of 350F (180C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes until edges are firm. (Bake a shorter time for soft chewy centres.) Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Baking tip: Creaming butter and sugar
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2.1 g,
- 15.9 g,
- 8.7 g,
- 0.7 g,